Saturday, November 12, 2016

Wisdom

"The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom"
Proverbs 9:10

I have heard it said that wisdom is knowledge rightly applied. However we can't apply knowledge we don't have. Having a reverential fear of the Lord leads us to spend time in the source of all knowledge, God's word to us, and gives us the foundation for the development of wisdom.
The benefits of wisdom are far beyond our imagination. Check it out in Proverbs for yourself.



I have used Gelatos and coloured pencils on water colour paper primed with gesso.



I love these verses found in Proverbs 8:22-31. 
I printed them onto tissue paper (with waterproof ink) and collaged them to the front of the dress. I also printed out various verses pertaining to wisdom and collaged them around the background. I love the way the tissue paper disappears into the background.



The title "wisdom" I stenciled across her hair line using a black gel pen through a letter stencil.
I also added some Whipped Spackle through a stencil in the backgound.

I am entering this art work into the PaperArtsy #21 Challenge - Typography, Fonts and Quotes. There are some wonderful examples of the various ways typography, fonts and quotes can be used in your art work. Check out the link for some great inspiration. 
I particularly liked this hand lettering by Valerie Sjodin, very inspirational.

3 comments:

  1. Just discovered your blog , totally love it to bit am pleased to be the first person to follow your blog . I've just started doing Christian based mixed media and art journaling

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Helen, thank you so much for your kind encouraging words and thank you for being the first one to follow my blog. I hope you post your work, I would love to see it.

      Delete
    2. If all goes well I should be starting a blog in the new year. It's an honour to be the first person to follow your blog.

      Delete